Exercise and Industry
1. Want to lose weight? Why you should kick-start a health plan with exercise BEFORE you change your diet
A review from Harvard University has found that starting a fitness regime first could be the key to tackling obesity. The researchers said exercise increases a person’s sensitivity to the physiological signs of fullness, so they are less likely to overeat.
2. Fit exercise into your busy daily routine
By 2023, half of us will be fat (it’s official). It is a frightening statistic – research indicates that people who live sedentary lifestyles can shorten their lifespan by up to seven years.
3. How to get a bottom like Pippa Middleton with her favourite workout
Pippa’s Pilates teacher Margot Campbell is releasing The Perfect Pilates Bum DVD on Boxing Day, just in time for us all to squeeze into the intricate copy of Pippa’s scene-stealing bridesmaid dress which hit stores this week.
4. Getting teenage girls to keep fit
A new project will be offering box-a-cise, Zumba and lots of other fitness sessions to teenage girls in Cardiff.
5. Dad strikes blow for the kids…and his health!
A self-employed landscape gardener, who fell into depression after losing a £25,000-a-year contract, says going to the gym is changing his life – and helping needy children.
Health & Lifestyle
1. Spring to life in your 70s
The H70 Study concludes that even after retirement, people are generally healthier and more active than they were 30 years ago.
2. Europe surges ahead of UK on life expectancy because of our poor survival rates on cancer and obesity
An international report has found that despite the billions of pounds poured into the NHS by Labour, British patients have fared much worse than those across the Channel.