1. The Last Word: David Stalker reflects on…A positive Shift into 2012
I am delighted to say that a fantastic corporate partnership kicked off this month between the FIA’s Shift into Sports programme and broadcast giant Sky – a partnership that delivers a newly engaged audience to health and fitness operators across the country.
2. Agent appointed to audit inclusiveness of UK gyms
An accreditation scheme aimed at making the fitness industry more inclusive to the disabled population has appointed an agent to undertake audits of fitness facilities.
3. Weight training benefits Parkinson’s sufferers
Scientists found people with the debilitating brain disease who embarked on weight training managed to reduce their symptoms more effectively and for longer than those on a recognised exercise programme.
4. Is your health kick ageing you?
Find out how to make over your so-called healthy habits.
5. Mars to make all candy bars 250 calories or less
Mars Inc., the makers of popular candy brands including M&M’s and Twix, will stop making chocolate products that exceed 250 calories by the end of next year.
6. Is slimming contagious? Befriending dieters will help shed the pounds, says study
A study found that overweight participants lost the most weight when they were supported by those with similar health targets.