1. Seven in ten British adults and almost half of under 35s now have high blood pressure due to lifestyle
Senior doctors said unhealthy lifestyles were to blame. Desk jobs, lack of exercise and feasting on salty fast foods have contributed to the problem, even among the young.
2. How to have a happy heart
Like all muscles our heart benefits from a regular workout and studies show keeping active halves the risk of cardiac disease. In middle age it can add up to another two years to your life.
3. Children targeted in exercise drive
The Scottish Government has launched a new initiative to encourage more children to take part in regular exercise.
4. Want to lose weight? Trade sugary drinks for water
Swapping your soda for water — or at least diet soda — really can help you shed a few pounds, a new clinical trial finds.
5. Downham: Exercises see off breathing woe
More than 150 people with potentially disabling breathing problems have been helped by an exercise programme.