1. Giving Running a Healthy Boost
Huffington Post – Sally Gunnell
While the government has scaled back from its original goal of getting one million more adults engaged in regular sporting activity, instead focusing its efforts on encouraging young people to get off the sofa, it is probably right that the limited central funds concentrate on our young people, since a change of behavior now is likely to stand them in good stead through their lives.
2. Happiness is… hitting the gym: Exercise fans feel greater levels of excitement, say scientists
If the person next to you appears more enthusiastic about life, it may be because they are more physically active, say scientists.
3. CIMSPA aim to unify one million sports professionals
Leading names in sport and leisure have been appointed to help the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity’s goal to unify the one million sport and physical activity professionals in the UK.
4. EU to blame for Europe’s growing obesity epidemic ‘by encouraging import of cheap calorie-laden food’
A recent Eurostat report found that more than half of the EU population are now overweight or obese.
5. Cabinet ‘revolts against health reforms’
Ministers are said to want to scrap Health Secretary Andrew Lansley’s NHS reforms after it emerged three Conservative cabinet members feared David Cameron was not listening to concerns.