Night Porter Required. 32 hours a week – includes weekends. Duties involve customer service, bar, cleaning, conference set up.
JOB TITLE: Night Concierge
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
RESPONSIBLE TO: Food and Beverage Manager / Head Night Concierge
RESPONSIBLE FOR: N/A
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
The main point of contact on behalf of the business for all visitors, residents, conference/event customers etc and for mail/courier deliveries/collections etc….on a 24 hour, 365 day a year basis.
Ensure security of the property and any adjoining areas are maintained at all times.
1. Assistance with the professional welcome, farewell, parking arrangements, cloakroom and food and beverage service activities supported by a detailed knowledge of both current and forthcoming functions and/or business events.
2. Perform duty management when on night duty.
3. Assist with First Aid activities as required.
4. Responsible for the optimum upkeep and overall excellent presentation of the front of house, event suites and adjoining areas.
5. Effective liaison with Conference and Function organisers and other colleagues as required.
6. Perform switchboard duties, taking and relaying a full message service as required.
7. As front line ambassadors for the business, ensure at all times the optimum presentation of the front of house and adjoining areas. Uniform clothing as provided will be worn to a high standard at all times when on duty.
8. Perform any other duties/projects at other locations as required by any member of the Management team.
• Minimum of 2 x ‘O’ Level/GCSE passes or equivalent including Mathematics and English.
• Essential – experience of working in a customer facing environment.
• Desirable – experience of customer meeting and greeting.
• Desirable – a minimum of 1 years experience of working in a customer facing role within a minimum 3 star hotel/hospitality related environment.
• Desirable – experienced and competent in using current hotel related software, e.g. Fidelio, MS Office etc.
• Desirable – Membership of the Clefs d’Or.
• Desirable – experience of Complaint handling techniques.
• Fit and healthy
• Excellent personal presentation
• Articulate – excellent spoken and written English
• Ability to communicate well at all levels (internally and externally)
• No visible tattoos
• Flexibility in working hours
• Good personal time management and priority setting
• Work well under pressure
• A dedication to customer focus
• Responsive to change
• High attention to detail
• Good administrative skills
• Fun, friendly and efficient telephone manner
• Achievement of key tasks as agreed during Performance/Competence Review
• Customer feedback
You can pick up an application form from our main reception, you can also print out the application here: Click
Please return it to the Crown Spa Hotel, for the attention of Vicky Riley.