1. Obesity Britain: shocking new figures reveal growing crisis
Weight loss operations up 12% in a year and hospital admissions for obesity have jumped.
2. Burning calories at the gym ‘avoids having a burnout at work’
Making the effort to head to the gym a few times each week can dramatically improve your mood on the job, say scientists.
3. Scrap NHS Bill, says Royal College
A survey of 1,492 college members found 79% want the Health and Social Care Bill to be scrapped. They voted for the college to call for the “outright withdrawal” of the Bill rather than continue to push for amendments.
4. London 2012 Olympics: Boxing saved my life says GB Captain Tom Stalker
The 27-year-old admits to having been involved in petty crime in his teenage years, but at the age of 17, when his girlfriend became pregnant, he joined a local boxing club – and it transformed his life.
5. Obesity in England: why is it increasing?
26.2% of the male population in England to said to be clinically obese according to the latest Obesity, Physical Activity and Diet report published today by the National Health Service (NHS).