1. Fitness and “fatness” both matter to the heart
Losing fitness or packing on fat with age each can be bad for the heart – but avoiding either one of those fates may protect the ticker, a study published Monday suggests.
2. Change4Life tackles sensible drinking mission
The Department of Health has launched its first Change4Life ad focused solely on encouraging sensible alcohol consumption.
3. Women with diabetes warned to take precautions when having a baby
Women who have diabetes are almost four times more likely to have a baby with a birth defect, research reveals.
4. Tempted by that doughnut? How telling yourself ‘I’ll eat it later’ will prevent you from overindulging
Portuguese scientists have found that postponing an unhealthy pleasure – like a bowl of M&Ms – is a way to build up self-control.
5. In hot demand: The pants that help you lose weight
Dessislava Bell came up with the idea of weight-loss exercise shorts while wrapping her thighs in cling film before working out.