1. Closing day for entries to the FIA & Matrix Flame Awards 2012
Today is the last day to enter your club or leisure centre for the Flame Awards 2012 (Facility Management categories).
Commenting on the awards David Stalker, CEO, FIA said “Established in the 90’s and receiving more and more entries year on year, the longevity and desire to win a Flame award is plain to see. Any club or facility who succeeds in getting a Flame award knows that they are delivering the best quality service in their category.”
2. Worth all the sweat
Just why exercise is so good for people is, at last, being understood.
3. UK community sports clubs survey shows worrying fall in finances, membership levels and facility access
Results from the biggest survey of community sports clubs ever undertaken in the UK shows a worrying outlook in terms financial health, membership levels and facility access for the nation’s 150,000 clubs.
4. Smart Ways To Fit Exercise Into Your Hectic Life
If you’re sitting at your desk reading this right now, seize the moment with these easy exercises you can do at your desk.
5. Lose weight before surgery patients told
Patients cannot have routine surgery until they lose weight under new rules brought in by GPs, it has emerged.
6. Families urged to sign up for healthy living course
The Mind, Exercise, Nutrition…Do it! (MEND) programme is now recruiting children and families for its latest healthy lifestyle course.
7. Fitness experts helping cancer patients
Northants Evening Telegraph
Fitness experts have undergone special training so they can help cancer patients.
8. New sessions for disabled people at leisure centre
Disabled people in Sevenoaks have access to a new sports service.