1. My bid to get a body like Sienna Miller
Kelly Bowerbank is asthmatic and hasn’t worked out in a gym for 12 years. Here she begins a three-month fitness course with personal trainer Efua Baker, body sculptor to Hollywood stars including Sienna Miller and Christian Bale. Kelly’s aim: to turn up to her friend’s office in a bikini in three months’ time.
2. Fitness Marketing Tips: How To Over-Deliver To New Personal Training Clients This January
January brings a ton of new business for personal trainers; yet many will drop off like flies come spring. The secret to retaining these new prospects is to under-promise and over-deliver.
3. In with Zumba, out with Pilates – Fitness trends for 2012
The Spectator created a Top 10 list of hot fitness trends predicted for 2012, according to more than 5,000 fitness experts surveyed in three separate releases by the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Council on Exercise and GoodLife Fitness.
4. Fish oil plus exercise may do older muscles good
Older women may be able to boost their muscle strength by adding fish oil supplements to their exercise routine, a small clinical trial suggests.
5. How Exercise May Keep Alzheimer’s at Bay
New York Times
A new study from The Archives of Neurology suggests that for some people, a daily walk or jog could alter the risk of developing Alzheimer’s or change the course of the disease if it begins.
6. The brain of Stephen Fry and the body of Pippa Middleton? No thanks
Nobody who wants a good quality of life in old age can neglect either their physical or mental wellbeing. But the real challenge is balancing the two. There are no short cuts.